A friend recently commented that I haven’t been blogging in a while. The reality is, I’ve kept my hand in the writing world with a monthly column at Catholic Mom which I really enjoy. But, other than that, nada.
So, in 2018 I hope to at least provide you with some news that at least helps you find my monthly column. It’s not much, I admit but it’s a start. Who knows, if I get more ambitious, I might get crazy and post some other thoughts or share some tips?
So, to kick the year off right (or should I say “write”?), here’s a link to my latest Catholic Mom column on New Year’s resolutions.
Oh, and since I’m focusing on minimal living these days, one fun thing I’ve been working on is the capsule wardrobe concept. Basically, it’s like grown-up Garanimals for those of you who remember that reference. For those of you that don’t, a capsule wardrobe is about having just a few high-quality items of clothing that all work together (like Garanimals...). My virtual mentor on this journey has been Leanne over at Classy Yet Trendy. I highly recommend that you check out her site especially if you have no idea where to start. (like me!)
Lately, I’ve been bowled over by God’s blessings. So much so, that “God is Good!” feels like a gross understatement. But, let me tell you more about it over at Catholic Mom. Check it out here.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again-I’m a slow learner. God usually has to hit me over the head to get me to pay attention. But lately I’ve started to see His hand at work in my life in a different way than I’ve ever seen before. I’ll tell you more over at Catholic Mom. Come take a look!
May Your Journey Be Blessed,
Find out how your Advent preparations can be like planning a party. For a fresh perspective on Advent check out my latest post at Catholic Mom!
May Your Advent Journey by Blessed,
S.S. (the Suburban Saint)
Do you want to keep up with the escapades of the Suburban Saint? Follow Seeking Suburban Sainthood or subscribe by email. I’d love to see you back here again!
Yes, I know that Election Day was last Tuesday and not today but…I got distracted last week and forgot to actually publish the post I had written! I have a legit excuse since I was nursing my youngest child back to health after surgery. The surgery went well and he is recovering more quickly than he’d like so it’s time to catch up on a few things; this blog being one of them.
So, last week was my daughter’s first time to vote. This momentous occasion has succeeded in 1)making me feel old and 2) making me remember how important it is for us to vote. Read more at Catholic Mom.
Today at Catholic Mom, I’m reviewing Dr. Marcellino D’Ambrosio’s new book, When The Church Was Young: Voices of the Early Fathers. Come find out why I’ve started to hear voices…
If you’ve ever felt like you’re learning your spiritual lessons the hard way, I totally know what you mean! Check out my thoughts on hard lessons at Catholic Mom.
Join Sarah and the Moms at
com for Small Success Thursday!
These may seem small to you but to me they’re HUGE!
- This week my son (with our help and guidance) decided what high school to go to and IT’S THE ONE I WANTED HIM TO CHOOSE! I didn’t want to make the decision for him because he is strong-willed (understatement!) and would argue with me till the end of time that that the sky is green if he really believed it was. I admire his conviction but you can see why we wanted and needed his buy-in.
- My daughter has turned both a literal and figurative corner this week with her driver’s education. The poor thing has had MAJOR anxiety about learning to drive but at the same time she really wants to learn. This week she finally advanced from parking lots and our neighborhood to driving PLACES (ie: not in circles or doing laps). She’s driven to her piano lesson, our elementary school, a friend’s house, a local golf store, church, AND the craft store (her happy place). We even ventured on the access road to the highway that’s near us. She’s the bravest person I think I’ve ever met. Not because she’s fearless but because she fights through her fears. Love. That. Girl.
- I cleared off my desk! Ah the feeling of seeing the top surface of your desk for the first time in months. It’s like falling in love again!
- I think I’ve finally figured out this thing they call “Twitter”. It seems that you post (they call is “tweeting”) things for others to read and then you read others’ tweets. Evidently, it works best when you comment, retweet, and favorite others’ tweets. I think this might just catch on…
- Finally, my other small (BIG) success is getting back on the blog this week with a vengeance. I’ve got so much to share with you about all that I learned at the Catholic Writer’s Guild Conference and Catholic Marketing Network Trade Show that I may drive you crazy with all of my posting. Well, if blogging is wrong, I don’t wanna be right.
Okay, so it’s almost been a week since my July Catholic Mom post went up and I haven’t shared the link with you! Shame on me! (In my defense, I’ve been busy celebrating my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary so I think that’s a legit excuse.)
If you have a teenager in your house OR have EVER HAD a teenager in your house, I hope you’ll check out my post and offer words of wisdom. As with most parents, I’m making this up as I go along and sometimes I get it wrong. But I don’t always know when I get it wrong until someone brings it to my attention.
Of course, if I get it right, I’d love someone to tell me that too…