- Words that actually came from our 13 year-old’s frustrated mouth, “Since when did you guys care about school!” Seriously? Does he know us at all?
- Now that the heat has subsided and the rains have returned, our garden has started producing again. We’re hoping for a harvest of red and green bell peppers in a few weeks.
- October 11th begins the “Year of Faith” as declared by Pope Benedict. Are you doing anything for the YOF? Why not join my Year of Prayer?
- After highs in the high 80s and low 90s, tomorrow’s high is supposed to be in the mid 50s! Yikes! I’m now thinking about making soup, cooking warm bad-for-you things, and harvesting my herbs to preserve for the winter. Does anyone have experience with herb drying?
- Looking forward to a long weekend. Thanks Columbus! So, why do we celebrate Columbus Day in October? Is it his birthday? The anniversary of his historic trip? Just curious.
- Our nine year-old has discovered football. Evidently, he plays everyday during recess with some of the other fourth graders. Yesterday he was happy because the other boys had declared him quarterback after an especially awesome pass. Here’s praying that he’s more athletic than his parents!
- Our daughter is now learning that fine arts aren’t always fun. Sometimes it’s just work. It’s a sad day for all of us.
Have a relaxing weekend and enjoy your family.